Are Green roofs as good as we all think?
Can they be a PRIME storm-water management tool or a good way to LOWER the energy bill for cooling?
JOIN GREEN ROOF CONFERENCE!
FIND ANSWERS ABOUT GREEN ROOFS AND RECEIVE CPD POINTS!
23 May 2019, 9am-1.00pm
Sydney Water Head Office, 1 Smith Street Parramatta
Who should attend the event?
Stormwater Engineers, Local Government, Landscape Architects, Architects, Builders, Landscape Contractors
Registration fee $30/person will be donated to the World Vision Water!
REGISTER UNTIL 22 APRIL 2019
WHY ATTEND THE CONFERENCE?
- Learn how Europe and the USA are upgrading green roofs into PRIMARY
storm watermanagement tools with a real ROI.
- Fully understand ET (evapotranspiration) when designing YOUR next green roof. See and understand new green roof technology and modelling software used to calculate green roof design based on real performance.
- Learn where
properlydesigned green roof can bring additional LEED / GREEN STAR points.
- Discover the value of the Urbanscape® systems and solutions and understand Purple-Roof® concept.
- Explore new Trends, known Policy shortcomings, new maintenance requirements and other worthwhile topics that are new to Australia.
- Meet experienced practitioners, engineers and installers.
- Receive CPD points.
EVER WONDERED WHAT IF...
- If a green roof absorbs 50% of the annual rainfall in your city, why not the other 50%?
- If the civil engineers like green roofs, why aren’t they using them as a PRIMARY stormwater management tool?
- Do you know the true difference between DETENTION and RETENTION, and why does this matter?
- What does a traditional green roof need in order to become a PRIMARY stormwater management tool?
- Can the green roof industry grow without Policy and Regulations?
TOPICS AT THE CONFERENCE:
- Performance testing, monitoring green roof effectiveness
- Performance Evaluation Tool (P.E.T)
- Storm water modelling with growing media, multipurpose mineral wool media and detention layer
- Energy and water conservation and heat island effect
- Downstream problems associated with urban runoff
- Available resources; Technical Reports, CAD & BIM, Urbanscape® & Purple-Roof® designs & concepts, Designers, Installers
- Green roof design, weights, waterproofing, costs, plants, soils, irrigation, leak detection
- Green roof installation and maintenance Example projects
- Discussion on ROI, Govt’t approval processes, MUSIC software
- Oscar Warmerdam, CEO Sempergreen USA, Expert on Holistic Vegetative Green Roofs, ROI specialist on green infrastructure
- Jure Sumi, Msc, Knauf Insulation, Head of Green Solutions at Knauf Insulation, Worldwide Urban Green Infrastructure specialist
- Robert Griffith, BEnvSc CEO Evolvement Pty Ltd, Green Infrastructure designer and installer
- Mark Liberman, Director, Principal Engineer, Sustainability Workshop, with many experiences in Local Government and Stormwater management.
Need more information? Contact email@example.com.